Monday, October 8, 2007

HW 17b:"Blogging the Presidency" (A political influence)

After reading both interviews, one with Markos Moulitsas Zuniga about Daily Kos and then with Ana Marie Cox about Wonkette, I would definitely use the Daily Kos instead of Wonkette. Wonkette seemed to be lighter. "I don't want to ruin anyone's life. But I don't mind ruining their day", says Cox. Things were made fun of and not taken seriously with Wonkette, where as Daily Kos seems to follow and more serious path and would guide you with better information. As the question being which blogs and bloggers would I find most influential politically, I found that Wonkette was more based on sex and political gossip, whereas Daily Kos will take all issues very seriously. They use their information in upcoming elections, which will influence people and their views. I don't see Wonkette giving out information about what’s going on in the war. Zuniga said that "blogs proved to be powerful fund-raising and organizing tools", and on the other hand Cox says "Wonkette is me after too many margaritas". Wonkette is a good place for gossip about sex, who's screwing around, and laughs, because that’s her goal, humor. I believe that Daily Kos is the sit that is going to provide you with good information and help you later down the road.

No comments: