Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Blog, Therefore I Am" (will blogging mean the death of big media?)

When reading the chapter, “I Blog, Therefore I Am” by David Kline, this chapter talks about the impact blogging has had on our society and just how much its spread throughout people. When reading throughout this chapter I wasn’t sure what I wanted to talk about so I went back and skimmed the chapter and came along the question “ Will blogging mean the death of Big Media” (pg. 239). Which I think is what a lot of this chapter talks about. Reading on Kline talks about the fall in newspapers and that there is a “dramatic drop in newspaper reading among young people”. Speaking from personnel experience not many of my friends read the newspaper to begin with. Because blogging is a source that’s used on the internet and that’s where many young people spend there time, that does seem likely that that’s where they’ve spent some of their time instead of sitting down in the morning with their paper. Accessing blogs might seem easier for young adults to read instead of the paper or watching the news. In my personnel opinion I argue that blogging won’t kill the media because I believe that there are many people still sit back at home and would rather relax and read the paper or watch the news. I’m sure there’s many people that agree with the fact they much rather rely on the news from the TV or paper, rather than what someone is writing expressing how they feel and could very well have a different opinion.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

This is HW 5b, correct?
Fulfills requirements of assignment. It will be interesting to see whether students in the class come to rely on blogs for main news sources, as well.
Watch for sound-alike words like personal/personnel.