Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW 33: Responding to a Podcast

The first video pod cast I decided to write about was "Iraqi teens work the help their families" found at http://aliveinbaghdad.org/2007/10/15/iraqi-teens-work-to-help-their-families. This pod cast talks about teens in Iraq manage to want to help their families out despite all that goes on. They interview children of all different ages between the range of 11-17 and others. It talks about what its like for children living in the Iraqi world. Its hard to listen to what these kids have to say and how determined they how to help their families out, when they have so little. I know for my personally when I was little I loved helping my parents out with things but now it doesn't really occur to me, and for these kids it is a continuous thing and something that they want to do. One of goes to work every morning where its suppose to take 30 minutes but it takes an hour, just the determination of the fact that these kids put their lives at risk.

The next video I chose to write about was found at http://aliveinbaghdad.org/2007/08/20/syria-child-artist-dreams-of-return-to-iraq. Muhammad is a young boy artist who loves to draw, and started drawing before he started school. His father taught him how to paint and sketch. He likes painting thing from "Iraqi reality"; his dad first realized his talent when he was only four years old and living in Baghdad. He says, "Baghdad represents everything to me", because it was born there, it is a very important part of him. I really enjoy the fact that he is so young and yet really enjoys what he does and has such inspiration in his life to keep doing something he loves.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Well done.
The assignment also asks you to name the series it's part of--Alive in Baghadad.